Food Safety & Consumer Concerns
Safe Handling of Fruit
Fruits and vegetables are a mainstay of the American diet. Here's how you can ensure that produce is safe and wholesome. Providing consumers with safe, wholesome fruits and vegetables is the first priority of Rainier Fruit Company. However, retail level produce managers and consumers also play an important role in making sure the food they eat is good for them and their families. Here's some important information about what Consumers Can Do At the store:
- Look for fresh-looking fruit without bruising, shriveling or mold.
- For certain produce, smell it for freshness.
- Avoid slimy looking fruit. If any doubt, ask the produce manager.
- Handle fruits and vegetables gently and keep on top of cart.
- Refrigerate immediately upon returning home.