View Recipes by Category
Apple Praline Cheesecake
2 1/2 cups finely crushed graham crackers
4 oz. butter or margarine, melted
1 lb. 8 oz. Neufchatel cheese, softened
8 oz. reduced fat sour cream
3/4 cup sugar
3 large eggs
2 Tablespoons cinnamon
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon nutmeg
1 1/2 Tablespoon cornstarch
3 large/1 lb. 4 oz. Washington Granny Smith or Golden Delicious apples
12 oz. caramel topping
1 cup/4 oz. chopped pecans or nuts
1) Blend cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press into bottom and up sides of 10-inch springform pan. Bake at 375° F. for 5 minutes.
2) Beat together Neufchatel cheese, sour cream, 3/4 cup sugar and eggs until smooth.
3) Combine cinnamon, 2 Tablespoons sugar, nutmeg and cornstarch in bowl.
4) Core, peel and thinly slice apples. Cut slices in half. Toss apples in spice mixture for traditional cheesecake appearance, OR thoroughly blend for a spicecake appearance.
5) Pour one-half mixture, about 3 cups, into pre-baked crust. Pour 6 oz. caramel topping over filling in zig-zag fashion. Top with remaining apple mixture.
6) Bake in 350° F. oven 1 hour or until center is set. Cool at least 1 hour.
7) Top with remaining caramel. Sparkle on nuts. Refrigerate until serving.
Servings: Yield: 1 (10-inch) cheesecake; 12-16 servings
Calories: 423; protein: 7.8 gm; fat: 24.5 gm; carbohydrate: 45.9 gm; cholesterol: 79 mg; fiber: 1.67gm; sodium: 392 mg; saturated fat: 9.4 gm.