Rainier Fruit Company has unprecedented success in marketing ripe initiated pears under both the "Blue Star" and "Rainier" labels. Ripe initiated pears are the future of the pear industry and we have the right promotional experience to help grow this category. According to a 2001 Pear Bureau study, 41% of consumers buy pears for their flavor. Therefore, its no surprise to see rising pear profits in those retailers currently merchandising ripe initiated pears. Call your sales representative for ordering details.
Primary benefits include:
- D'Anjou pears can take as long as two weeks to ripen after consumer purchase extending the repeat purchase as long as three weeks. Ready-to-eat pears can reduce repeat purchase to within one week.
- Pre-ripened D'Anjou's compete with Bartlett's on taste appeal.
- D'Anjou pears have an extended season. Prime shipping takes place between December and June affording the largest gain potential within the pear category.
- The D'Anjou's are the perfect pear for the ripening process because when fruit temperature is brought back down to 34°, it doesn't start again until the fruit hits room temperature.
Pears, Just Wash and Eat - Their tender, edible skin is an additional source of fiber. Providing consumers with fresh and delicious tree fruits that are safe and wholesome is priority one at Rainier Fruit Company. Here are just a few of the things we do:
- We store our produce in temperature-controlled atmospheres to maintain both quality and freshness.
- We maintain the cold chain from storage through delivery to reduce spoilage due to excessive heat.
- We pack our fruit in a clean and healthy environment to reduce the risk of contamination.
- We train our supervisors, managers and production staff on the latest techniques on Food Safety and Food Handling.
- We submit to independent third party inspections, evaluations and grading of our Food Safety programs and Production Facilities.
- We move shipping containers carefully. Rough or excessive handling can cause damage to almost any fresh produce. A minor bruise can promote product decay.
Be sure to visit USAPears.com for more information on health and nutrition. *Information provided by USA Pears